The Cake Gal is not currently taking orders. Please feel free to enjoy the photos. New cake photos/stories will be coming soon. The Cake Gal plans to take orders again in early 2012. Thank you!!!





Photos of My Cakes (scroll down to read the stories about all this sugar)...

Monday

Ladybugs: Oh So Sweet Cake

I know I've said over and over that each time I make a cake, it becomes my new 'favorite' one.  But, um, I have a new favorite...


I got to make this cake for an ADORABLE little girl who was turning one!  I have to give her parents all the credit for picking out quite possibly the cutest party supplies ever.  They used these party supplies and, when they sent me the info, I could barely wait to get started on this cake.  So cute!

The cake itself was red velvet on the top tier and yellow on the bottom tier.  I had so much fun making the little ladybugs and their little 'trails' on the cake sides. 


And, of course, there's this pink ladybug on the top. 

I know, too, that I've said I love my 'job' and you might be sick of reading it but I really, really LOVE what I do.  I love that I get to see old friends I haven't seen in a long time (but we won't think about how long it's been, mmmmk?  I don't want to know that I've nearly doubled in age... ugh) and meet their beautiful families.  I feel so blessed.

Speaking of favorites, I now have a new favorite cake category: baby's first cakes. 

I just wish I'd taken a photo of the smash cake for this one.  I guess you'll just have to trust me that it was cute.

Happy Birthday Ella!

No comments:

Post a Comment