The Cake Gal is not currently taking orders. Please feel free to enjoy the photos. New cake photos/stories will be coming soon. The Cake Gal plans to take orders again in early 2012. Thank you!!!





Photos of My Cakes (scroll down to read the stories about all this sugar)...

Saturday

Mickey Mouse Cake

I made this Mickey Mouse cake and cupcakes for my Nephew's 1st birthday. I was honored to be able to make such an important cake. And it was great to be able to see that it was enjoyed by the party guests.

The top layer and cupcakes were death by chocolate cake with buttercream frosting and fondant overlay. The bottom layer was yellow butter cake with buttercream frosting. Everything on this cake was edible except the wires holding the stars.

The ribbon with Disney font was probably the most challenging part of this cake for me. I had made a ribbon out of gumpaste the day before and it broke into pieces the morning of the party. I hurriedly made a new ribbon out of modeling chocolate with modeling chocolate letters and finished about 30 minutes before we were supposed to leave for the party. Whew!

I got the idea for this cake from this amazingly talented baker in Texas.

1 comment:

  1. It was beautiful and delicious too! Thanks for making Myers' 1st birthday cake!!!

    ReplyDelete