The Cake Gal is not currently taking orders. Please feel free to enjoy the photos. New cake photos/stories will be coming soon. The Cake Gal plans to take orders again in early 2012. Thank you!!!





Photos of My Cakes (scroll down to read the stories about all this sugar)...

Monday

A long-overdue post: A Baby Gender Reveal Party

Nuh-uh!!! Has it really been over a month since I posted? Nuh-uh!!! Well then, I’ll just blame it on the fact that my goal was a “No-post November.” It was a success! Just kidding. I didn’t really mean to not post anything on here for an entire month but here’s a big thank you to those who are still reading and haven’t given up on me!  I have lots to share.


To (kinda, sorta) make up for it, here’s a big, exciting post…

So, I hear the big thing for Mommy and Daddies-to-be is to host a “gender reveal party” to let everyone know (at the same time) whether the little one is a boy or a girl. It’s such a fun, neat idea and is so much more creative than just a mass text message, multiple phone calls, or a big Facebook post…

I’ve heard of many different ways to “do” the gender reveal. Some expectant couples choose not to find out the gender themselves during the ultrasound and then send the results to the cake maker who in turn makes either a blue or pink cake batter or filling.  That way, the couple finds out along with everyone else.  I don't know if I could do it that way.  Some couples find out before everyone else, then order the cake, and then reveal it to all their friends and family members with the cake. Some even decide to make the cake a certain flavor based on the gender (e.g., chocolate=boy, strawberry=girl). Whatever method is chosen, the big thing for us bakers is to make sure that the revealing gender filling color/flavor is covered up with lots of frosting so no one finds out early!

The couple who had me make their gender reveal cakes wanted fall-themed cupcakes (this party was several weeks ago, when the trees here were gorgeous and before everyone went all Christmas-crazy) made of vanilla cake and vanilla buttercream. The kicker (besides the baby, ha ha ha)? They wanted only ONE of the 24 cupcakes filled with a pink or blue charm and a shot of colored icing! Only ONE person at the party would find the charm and then would have to yell out BOY or GIRL so everyone could celebrate. How fun!

Here’s a few photos of the cupcakes I made on display and some of the pretty party décor.
The little pumpkins and leaves were fondant and modeling chocolate.

Just some of the yummy food....

When the cupcakes were served, it was a frenzy to find out who had the charm....

The arrow points out who found the charm...
It's a BOY!!!

The proud parents-to-be were FINALLY able to show off the ultrasound photos...

So, who are these proud parents-to-be? 

Well, that'd be none other than the Cake Gal herself and her hubby!!!  :)  We feel so incredibly blessed and can't wait to meet our little guy. 

So, now that you all know that my mind has been a little distracted lately, please forgive me.  I have so many fun cake projects to share with all of you (and I'm still taking orders!  No maternity leave yet!)

Love, G

No comments:

Post a Comment