The Cake Gal is not currently taking orders. Please feel free to enjoy the photos. New cake photos/stories will be coming soon. The Cake Gal plans to take orders again in early 2012. Thank you!!!





Photos of My Cakes (scroll down to read the stories about all this sugar)...

Tuesday

Yes, I can do that.

A lot of people have asked me lately if I just make “regular ol’ cakes.” Yes, yes I do. Then I get the questions… “How do they taste? Are they any good?” The answer is absolutely “Yes!”
How can I say that so confidently? Arrogance, you say? Nope. I know they’re good because another bakery in town is making a pretty penny off some of the same recipes I use. Wait, what?


Did I steal the recipes from another bakery? Nope.


Did I buy them from that bakery? Nope.


You see, I am very blessed. I’ve always had a love of baking and then I ended up marrying a devilishly handsome man whose grandma was a “famous” local baker. She was the original “Marietta Cake Lady.” Her recipes have been published in the AJC and by the yummy local bakery that now uses them on a daily basis. Mrs. Mary Moon may have given her recipes away way back when she retired but, guess what? I have a copy of them too. And they are delicious. So, yes, yes I can do that. I make regular ol’ cakes too. I just happen to love decorating cakes.

“Regular Ol’ Cakes” (AKA non-fondant decorated cakes) I make include Vanilla Pound Cake, Lemon-Iced Vanilla Pound Cake, Hummingbird Cake, Carrot Cake, German Chocolate Cake, Red Velvet Cake, Italian Crème Cake, and Coconut Cake, to name a few. And I can tell you confidently that they are delicious. (Of course, I have my own recipes too and everyone who has tried them thinks they're yummy.)

There may be a new “Marietta Cake Lady” but you can call me The Cake Gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment